This is seriously tasty so I thought it would be rude not to share the recipe. It is packed full of protein from the nuts so a great start to the morning or post exercise snack. Brazil nuts are rich in selenium and therefore great for supporting the thyroid. Pecan nuts are high in pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), which is essential for our adrenal glands and if we are feeling stressed.
If I’m having this for breakfast, I mix with some soaked nuts so it isn’t too sweet. I’ve avoided adding the dried fruit in the recipe as I like to minimise sugar in the morning. Soaking dried fruit over night, reduces the sugar content but also stops them sticking to your teeth. Dentists have reported a rise in cavities with children eating raisons as they are high fructose and they get stuck in between their teeth.
Anyway enjoy and if you are on Instagram, tag me in your pictures @rp_nutrition
50g Brazil nuts
60g pumpkin seeds
2 tsp honey
1 egg white
1. Preheat over to gas mark 3/170 °
2. Chop the nuts into smaller pieces and then add to a large bowl with the pumpkin seeds
3. Add the egg white and honey and mix together
4. Place mixture on baking tray and squish together to make little clusters
5. Cook for 15minutes and then remove and allow to cool.
6. Store in an airtight container.